Welcome to our forums. If you are an Open University student or have studied with the Open University within the last three years, you will have access to the Open University Students Association's suite of forums on the Open University's Virtual Learning Environment.
If you area member of Students for Ethical Science, whether or not you are currently, or have been an Open University student, you can sign up to our members' forum on this website.
SES members' forums
If you are a member of SES, you can register as a user of our members' forums on this website.
- Go to OU SES Forum where you will be invited to register if you are a new user or login if you are already registered.
- Select "Register" to go to the registration page.
- Select the "I agree to these terms" button at the end of the terms.
- You will be invited to enter a username, email address and password. For your account to be activated you will need to enter your first or full name as your username and the email address you gave when you signed up as member of SES.
There are two forums, "SES Meetings" used for formal meetings and "Discussion" for general discussion. Both forums are only visible to registered members.
By editing you profile, you may choose whether to hide your email address and whether to allow other users to send you private messages on the forum. You are advised to do this as soon as your account has been activated as follows:
- Select the "User Control Panel" link.
- Select the "Board Preferences" tab.
- You will be able to change a number of settings, including Yes / No for contact by email and Yes / No for contact by private messages.
- To save changes to your settings select the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact the membership secretary. The email address for membership secretary is on the membership application form.
V L E forums
In common with other Societies we have an online Forum associated with us on the Open University's Virtual Learning Environment. If you are a current or recent student, you may access and contribute to this forum at OUSA Ethical Science. You will need to be signed in as an OU student.
Alternatively you main gain access to the forum as follows:
- Sign into your student home page.
- The fourth group of links in the left hand column is under the heading Links. In this group, select the link OU Student Association Forums.
- In the main section of the page, under the heading OUSA Social forums website, follow the link to OUSA Live.
- Scroll down to the heading Societies and follow the link to Societies.
- This will take you to a page listing the Societies forums. Select OUSA Ethical Science.
There is also an OUSA Societies forum for discussing general Societies issues.
You may have accessibility or usability problems with these forums. If so, for instructions for addressing these problems, covering 6 of the most commonly used browsers see Customising Student Forums.